Your new wire is special!! It is activated by the heat of your body. This will help to continuously move your teeth throughout the next few weeks until we see you again.
A few points to remember:
- Wait 24 hours after new braces before consuming hot foods or liquids.
- Find ways to introduce foods above body temperature as well as warm drinks throughout the day.
- Rinsing several times per day with hot salt water will activate the wire as well as keep your gingival tissue healthy.
- Avoid excessively cold food as this deactivates the wire (makes it soft).
Please continue to visit your dentist regularly while you have braces.
Warm Salt Water (makes sore teeth smile)
- A warm salt water solution is great for reducing soreness of the gums. Simply dissolve a teaspoon of table salt in a small glass of warm water.
- Take a mouthful of warm water, and hold it on affected area until it turns cool. Empty out and repeat until all of the warm salt water has been used.
- Repeat as often as needed if soreness persists.
- Your gums and teeth will thank you.
- Thanks to your braces, your teeth are now in their proper positions. That’s not enough, though. You must clean your teeth every day to ensure proper dental health.
- Modern science has discovered that the only proven way to keep your teeth for a lifetime is to keep them plaque-free!
- Along with regular brushing, flossing your teeth every day can accomplish this goal and could mean you’ll never need to have any of your teeth pulled.
- Sure, extra efforts and time are required. But they’re worth it because they’ll help protect your super smile.